Thursday, November 11, 2010

Blogging, Wives and Stuff…

The thing that no one tells you about blogging is that it is just like typing in a journal – except it is open to the world.  Actually, they probably do tell you that; I just hadn’t bothered to look.  Anyway, an element of danger just made it more attractive really. 
Of course the only 2 comments I received were from my nephew who emailed to tell me that given this was about me/relationship/possible sex - his gag reflexes meant he would be unable to follow.  Then my brother called to tell me that his daughter had commented “I didn’t know Carol was going out with a hunchback!”
Still, it is early days, and reading back over my words, I figured the only thing that someone may feel the need to rattle their sabre over was my rather scathing remark re ex-wives.
Given that, I thought I would point out that I don’t dislike ex-wives.  I don’t see one and mutter ‘shrew’ under my breath.  Hell.  I am an ex-wife.  I’ve been an ex-wife several times and quite frankly, I’ve always thought I was pretty damned good at it. 
I associate many lines, or thoughts, or words with songs – and sadly, I’m going to sound completely dicky and probably be dumped by my musically talented squeeze, when I say ‘you have to know when to hold them, know when to fold them…’   And my problem is that we haven’t quite got to the ‘know when to walk away part yet’.  Which I’m sure you will hear so much more about!
Hell that would have been way cooler if I could have quoted some Nick Cave or Dylan in there…

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks. Better check it out but it should be up today!