Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Alien Abductions

Were there weird lights in the sky night before last…? 
Either aliens abducted the squeeze and gave him a ‘romance’ probe or he read my blog and decided that yes, he really had been indifferent to the romantic occasion that is Valentine’s Day.   Either way, walking in the front door last night and finding long stemmed red roses on the table was somewhat outré for the squeeze.
And they were beautiful.  Blood red, soft and velvety; smelled divine.  Now that wasn’t so hard, was it?
I can see a need to be pragmatic on occasion; even though I’ll admit I don’t manage it very often.  I can cry at the movies or reading a good book.  Oh let’s face it, I cry at some damned commercials!  And yes, I’m quick to anger.  Of my two favourite technical guru’s at work one replied to an email of mine asking for work to be scheduled with “those dates are a little aggressive, not unlike your personality”; when I laughed my head off and showed favourite tech two, his reply was “you are a little menacing…” – which I found equally as funny!
It is about passion.  If you possess it, you can’t pick and choose when it rears its head.  If you want that passion in love, it has a flip side that is just part of the parcel I’m afraid.
On a scale of 1 to 10, my passion level would be about an 8.  The squeeze would be about a 2.  As you can imagine, there is a whole world of difference going on in that area between 2 and 8.
And it’s hard work, continually having to explain what I consider to be the basic elements of a romantic liaison.  I mean how do you even get to fifty six and not know this stuff?  Yes, there are obstacles.  We are like the bloody Brady Bunch and there always something coming out of left field; but you have to hang on to some beliefs.  You have to remain true to some ideals.
Chief amongst those is that if you want a relationship to work, you have to make it work.  You have to go out of your way and set priorities.  Yes, it’s important to be there and have your kids – but it’s also important not to push your partner to the back all the time.  It doesn’t hurt the little vampires to know that they are not your whole damned world…
Now… On a scale of 1 to 10, my organisational level would be about an 8.  The squeeze would be about a 2.  As you can imagine, there is a whole world of difference going on in that area between 2 and 8.
Obviously, if the Harridan is going to drop a kid on us; and I figure that day should have some significance, or I have planned something else; then if there is agreement without discussion with me, my organisational gene is going to spike into my passion gene and I’m going to want to stab him.  How hard is that to understand?  Basically, I figure any fool can work that out, so the squeeze should be able to.
And at the end of the day, I’m all for passion and letting it out.  If not, you just internalise everything.  And that can’t be good for you.  After all, which of us has suffered a heart attack..?
When the Girl got home I told her I should put a poll on my blog asking, why did the squeeze buy me flowers…?

A:  he loves me
B:  he realised he was a thoughtless twat
C:  he is scared of me

Without hesitation, she said “C”.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks. Better check it out but it should be up today!