Saturday, August 6, 2011

It’s Not Easy…

Sorry; but Lite and Easy just isn’t that easy for those who love to cook.  Everything comes in little cellophane bags and by the time we worked out the bag system, I’d already missed some of one meal.  Usually this wouldn’t be a big deal, but we are like two fat kids in Lord of the Flies and we are watching everything the other consumes.

Having said that, I think we are on track now and as unappealing as eating microwaved food out of wrappers is, it’s actually not that bad.  Even transferring to real plates doesn’t alter the reality I’m afraid.  But mostly, I am hoping that we get used to the portion sizes.  Usually when I cook, the Squeeze opens with “when are the other 54 people arriving..?”  

So as we march into thin land, with a five kilo weight in my backpack for walks, we are feeling pretty good.  Just actioning a plan is a move in the right direction.  Life, other than dieting, goes on.

The Squeeze is off to soccer for his weekly dose of “you are scum; give me money” before bringing Kid 3 back here.  God knows what he is going to eat.  Its hard work dieting, but I don’t want to smell real food so I’ve told him he will have to take him out and buy him something.  Eat it away from the house.  I don’t want to make it harder for us when we’ve only just begun.

The Harridan did her “we need to talk” phone call yesterday which can only mean one thing.  “I want money”.  I don’t think she gets it through her head that the cash cow is dead – she flogged the dead horse.  It’s over.  She sent him broke already.

Sigh.  Even if he printed his bank statement for her, she still wouldn’t get it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks. Better check it out but it should be up today!