Monday, March 5, 2012

Waiting; Like a Big... Black... Spider

The other week in blog land, I stated that I was scratching for fodder to blog about.   Not that the relationship is perfect (show me one that is)...  It’s just that I didn’t have a lot in the way of major drama, going on.  I had the girl/muppet saga and then we had the Squeeze's boy 2 and his albeit brief foray into the world of turning Muslim; but we had reached a plateau in regards to the Harridan. 
Somewhat weirdly; she has become no more than sporadic twinge in our relationship.   I still get to feel my anger/vexation/astonishment rocket at regular intervals; given her delusions regarding finances or her sending outrageous orders and/or insults via phonetic text message; but the blood boiling is a swift eruption and just as swift an ending.
And as much as I love my blog, I have to be careful what I wish for...  I am under no illusions as to her style of mischief and I have acknowledged in my head that it will continue forever; for as long as the Squeeze and I are an item and alive at least.  In some ways, it is as though while sitting in her attic spinning a web, she shudders to life with the realisation that she hasn’t stage-managed trouble for at least a couple of weeks – so gets busy spinning.
Stupidly, I’m not as good at game playing and so it actually does work to some extent.  Yes; I know I should get over it or not bother about it – but I don’t appear to be capable of that.  And I kind of feel annoyed that I'm the one that has to be the "bigger person"!  I mean this weekend seemed innocent enough for at least 3 seconds, but it defies logic so doesn’t stand up as anything other than annoying stalker type behaviour.
We were at the Regent Theatre awaiting staff to open the doors to the seating for the Ryan Adam’s concert.  Expectations were high, we were dressed nicely...  It was our Christmas present to each other so something of a date night.  This is when the Harridan called – 8pm on a Saturday night.
The Squeeze pressed reject immediately; partly I’m ashamed to admit, in fear that it would annoy me and therefore disrupt the equilibrium of our ‘date’. 
Although I suggest that this may have been his reasoning for rejecting the call, that doesn’t necessarily mean that this is the case.  In fact I did no more than raise my brow curiously and when she called again and he rejected, mention that perhaps he should just answer the thing.  We hadn’t moved into the auditorium as yet and there was always the rare chance that it was actually important. 
But no; he prefers not to speak to her when I am around.  This is possibly due to my “tsks!” or the rolling of my eyes that go with hearing him attempt to speak ‘reason’ to her; but quite probably around his inability to raise his voice while attempting to speak ‘reason’ to her, given where we were.
To highlight the importance of the repeat phoning, she leaves no voicemail so whatever it is that she wants, it is obviously not Earth shattering.  Instead, she sends a text to say ‘is boy1 ok’. 
That is it.  A pretty good hook if you were in sales.  That would have me calling and questioning what the hell is going on.  Still, he is more of an expert on her than I and replies “is as far as I know” and then turns his phone off.  He mentions to me “she probably called him and he didn’t answer...”
He checks when we gets home and there is nothing further from her.  Nor is there any communiqué throughout the next day – nothing.  It was just the Harridan and her moment of being a Telstra commercial (look at me, look at me, look at me, look at me...) and my anger shot to the roof again because when all is said and done, it was just so utterly pointless!
Late in the day, the Squeeze and I argue.  He has spoken to the kid and he is alive.  In fact, he has been off with 'mummy dearest' during the day; so what exactly was the drama supposedly about?  And what information did she expect to get from the Squeeze; given that we live on the other side of town... None of the kids live with us and we would be lucky to see Boy 1 once a month!  And the answer to that is ‘zip’.  This was no more than a little ‘remember me..?’ prod.
From there, I suggested he follow up with a text to state that from now on when seeking information about the boys, that it would be prudent to actually call them!  He does in fact send this but cops an instantaneous tirade of abuse along the lines of “fekwit.  U dont care! its like u r dead...”
Of course I want to reply for him with a: “as far as you are concerned, I am!” but the Squeeze won’t go for that. 
He prefers the “ignore” way; which would be fantastic if I could just manage to do that...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks. Better check it out but it should be up today!