Sunday, January 19, 2014

After 199 days – it’s 6 and counting

Well we found a house to move to.  I have to admit, this is much more me than the brand new, ‘male designed; use cheap accessories so that they break’ place I’m currently living in.  It’s been a hard 199 days. 

This place is art deco, at the back and on top of a shop; groovy.  Next door to two restaurants and a roof top wine bar.  I have a balcony as wide as my bedroom where I can sit on the little red art deco sofa I’m taking with me – glass of wine in my hand – watching the world go by.  Not a hobbit in sight.  No teenage ignorance.  Nothing.  Nada.

I had hoped not to have to see the Hobbit again.  Why the Hobbit you ask..?  Well his feet are as flat as my girls old cat, Flairy – a pure Persian with a face that looked like someone whacked it with the frypan.  I’m talking not one millimetre of arch – which is why he walks the house like his storming along on 2 porterhouses…  No ankles either.  It's almost like his knees just keep running down and bend at the end.

Anyhow, I regress.  We are having a belated Christmas lunch today so the Hobbit came last night.  This did no more than prove what an ugly person he is.  I ask him to do something and I get completely and totally ignored…  And the Squeeze sits there and says absolutely nothing.  Not one word. 

He had told me earlier that over lunch the previous day, he had told Kid 1 and the Hobbit that the girl and I were moving out.  According to the Squeeze, they didn't comment.  At all.  Not even to ask if this was it for us... or was this just a parting of the houses.  Weird family.  Reality is neither of them give a hoot about their father, so why bother to ask..?

Frankly, I can’t wait until I don’t have to see his royal stinkiness again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks. Better check it out but it should be up today!