Thursday, September 8, 2016

Wow! A real live friend!!!

Today I did the normal walk with Sharpie (who loved it) before coming home and getting ready to go out for lunch.

I met this girl at my course.  She was normal.  The others weren't; well weren't normal to me.  They were at various stages of rotting teeth; the young ones you could just picture what they would look like when they got older.  Sadly, they couldn't see it...

We scurried off for coffee most days.

She is a nursing sister; well was, at Western Health.  We get along like a house on fire!
The course finished but we went out for lunch to Jack Rabbit Winery and had a fantastic lunch.  She is here because her kid moved here.  In English, she had no friends.  Neither do I.  Seemed ideal!

So off we went and sat and ate, drinking a bottle of red and gossiping our heads off.  It's one of the only times I have felt relatively normal since being here!



Next week we are going off to Mr Willis.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks. Better check it out but it should be up today!